Idea and questions were inspired by Gabby’s End of Year Reading Survey youtube video that can be found here. Below are some of her social media links! Follow here! One of my favorites!
How many books did you read? Did you meet your goal?
My reading goal this year was 75 books, which is just over 6 books a month. I exceeded that goal and will end 2019 with 80 books read.
Continue reading “End of Year Reading Survey”
My Goodreads TBR list is an overwhelming mess. To organize and control it, I decided to make up my own challenge which I am going to refer to as the ‘Goodreads TBR’ challenge.
These are the steps I took in order to make the following list;
1. Eliminate all books that you DO NOT own.
2. Set aside books that coincide with your monthly and yearly reading goals.
For me, I set apart books that fit within these goals;
– Read 1 Book from my Book of the Month selections a month. (Annual goal)
– 1 Reread chosen from books I read 1+ years ago per month. (Annual goal)
– Catching up on my unread V.E. Schwab books. (April goal)
Continue reading “Goodreads TBR Challenge”
I don’t usually make specific TBRs as I typically choose my next book based on my mood. I have been finding it more difficult to make that choice due to the vast amount of amazing titles that have been released recently. 2019 has already been a great year for new releases. By making this list, I hope to help future me make that decision easier. I have read 8 books a month so far this year so I choose 8 books for my TBR, my most anticipated among ones that will help me reach my reading goals as explained in this post.
I am currently rereading the Ember in the Ashes series so that I can read the third and final book in the series, A Reaper at the Gates.
1. An Ember in the Ashes by Sabaa Tahir
I am currently reading this and hope to finish within the next 2-3 days.
Continue reading “March TBR”
Read 75 Books
- I have currently read 14 books this year. According to Goodreads, I am 4 books ahead of schedule.
- Avoid long reading slumps. Those are never fun.
- I was only able to read 34 books last year.
- Make sure as I try to achieve this goal, reading is still enjoyable and does not feel more like a requirement.
- Try to post every 2 or 3 days consistently.
- Post quality content.
- As this is a newer blog, be responsible about posting book reviews in order to have deeper discussions about books I like/dislike.
- Make sure to tweet out new posts to increase potential audience.
Continue reading “2019 Reading Goals”